We hope that all our patients and their families are in good health. On May 7th, Governor Hogan allowed us to return to provide dentistry for our patients. We are excited to see everyone again.
We have been working diligently to improve our services and protocols to help prevent the spread of the disease and to protect our team, our patients, and our community. We will resume our services in phases. At this time, for the first two weeks, we will take care of our urgent cases that were postponed during the “Stay at home” order and reach out to as many of our patients as possible. We will be calling patients on a first-cancelled-first-rescheduled basis. The following protocols will be carried out indefinitely:
- Mask requirements: All patients are required to wear their own mask while in office.
- No Gloves: Please remove your gloves and dispose of properly before you enter the office.
- Hand Sanitizer: To be used by all patients once entering the office.
- Temperature checks: All patients are checks for fever with our touchless thermometer.
- COVID-19 health questionnaire: To be completed in treatment room.
- Limitations on companions: Only patients are allowed entry within the office. Family members or friends must remain outside in the car. However, we will permit one parent or guardian per patient if necessary. No other family members or friends will be allowed.
- Patients will be given a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse chair side prior to starting treatment.
- New scheduling protocols: Each appointment will be given an extra 15 minutes to allow proper disinfection and to adhere to social distancing rules.
- If you are sick and do not feel well, please inform the office immediately.
- Daily health assessment and temperature check of the team members
- Full personal protective equipment (PPE) for all surgical team members.
- Mask will be worn by all team members at all times.
- Continuous and thorough disinfection of ALL surfaces in the office.
- Installed a plastic shield at the front desk to prevent the spread of air droplets.
- Placed HEPA Air filters throughout the office to purify the air.
- For us to provide the utmost service for you and to keep you safe, a PPE/infection control fee of $10 will be added to your appointment. This fee may or may not be covered by your insurance company. Payment is expected at the time the service is rendered.
To accommodate the increase in patient volume due to cancellations as well allowing extra time in the schedule for social distancing, we will be extending our hours on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays for a period.
We thank you for your patience during both our closure and gradual reopening process. We are eager to come back to work and get everyone’s treatment back on track. We are looking forward to seeing you all again.
Farah Ilyas, DDS